I do like homemade jam, if only there wasn't so much stirring involved...
Whilst in town on Saturday afternoon I spotted strawberries on sale for a pound a punnet and on a whim decided to buy some to make jam. In an effort to ensure that the jam would set I bought jam sugar with pectin added and followed the recipe on the back of the packet to the letter, well more or less. I may have skimped slightly on the continually stirring that was requested but amazingly it all worked out okay and I ended up with four and a half jars of yummy strawberry jam. It even set without me having to faff about putting saucers in the freezer in order to test it. I still can't the fruit to be evenly distributed through the jar though - maybe that's down to lack to stirring!
Never mind the jam still tastes good on bagels, toast, scones with clotted cream...
Monday, 5 July 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment